ALL IN-TOWN SHOPS WILL BE REOPENING ON MONDAY, MAY 3RD! PLEASE CONTINUE TO WATCH OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR REOPENING AND OUR PLANS TO KEEP YOU SAFE DURING YOUR VISIT.
Note: At this time, all non FBY orders are taking an average of 3-7 days to ship out from our warehouse. Orders containing FBY may take an additional 2-3 days to process. Learn more on our [FAQ page](https://missouriquiltcohelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057612911-Shipping-Timelines-for-Your-Orders). Thank you for your patience!
A Message from Missouri Star About COVID-19
We sincerely hope that you are all safe and well during this trying time. One of our kind customers recently sent a message to check up on me, and I want to assure you that I’m doing just fine. Thank you for your caring words of encouragement! Of course, I miss seeing your faces and spending time with you, but we will continue to film quilting tutorials and keep them coming to you every week. I have great hope that we will make it through and become stronger as a result of this challenge.
Quilters do so much good in the world! You make a difference with every stitch and it’s never been more apparent to me than at this very moment. You are sewing masks by the thousands, you’re making surgical caps, you’re helping friends and neighbors, and you’re a positive influence in your community. We are so grateful to support you in your efforts. Thank you for all you do!
We Care About Customer SafetyWe want to assure you that great care is being taken to continue providing the best customer service we can, while keeping you safe. We have taken measures in our warehouse to make sure that employees are able to ship items safely while maintaining proper social distance. They are to keep 6 feet away from each other, wear protective masks, and wash their hands frequently. We have also implemented a one yard minimum for fabric cuts to keep them a safe distance from each other while cutting fabric.
Due to increased volume, all orders are taking an average of 3-7 days to ship. We have temporarily suspended our FedEx Express Shipping option. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will do our very best to ensure that you have the supplies you need to keep doing what you love! Thank you all for staying home and sewing during this outbreak. We are sincerely grateful for your business and appreciate your patience!
How We’re Working to Keep Missouri Star Employees SafeMissouri Star employees are our greatest asset and we want to keep them safe. They are like family to us! Thankfully, many of our employees are able to work from home to keep providing quilting tutorials and educational content for you each week. Our customer service team is also able to work from home to help you with your questions and orders. Our large warehouse is able to accommodate many workers at a time with ample social distance and we have eliminated all group meetings in person.
We've implemented countless new measures including setting up added break room space, increasing our disinfecting routines, mandatory handwashing, staggering employee use of common areas, and sending regular reminders to keep the 6-foot social-distancing rule. Here’s how we’re keeping our employees safe:
To Protect Our Employees We Have:
- Canceled any meetings that involve large gatherings of people and have switched to remote meetings
- Placed a freeze on employee travel
- Refrained from any unnecessary visitors or large groups in the warehouse
- Implemented mandatory handwashing for anyone working in the warehouse
- Extended breaks to allow hand washing frequently throughout the day
- Streamlined social distancing measures to diligently maintain the 6' distance rule
- Placed disinfectant wipes and trash receptacles by main doors; employees wipe down handles before and after touching door handles
- Placed hand sanitizer throughout the warehouse; employees use it immediately after entering the building
- Made digital thermometers and PPE (personal protection equipment) available for employee use
- Physically segmented departments of the warehouse, added temporary break and lunchroom space, and assigned bathrooms and entry/exit points
- Assigned all work stations and equipment usage to avoid multi-employee use
- Limited all inventory aisles to 1 employee at a time
How We’re Helping the Community:
- Close to 6,500 yards of fabric has been donated to area groups and non-profit organizations who are making masks for healthcare workers
- We have donated 350 N95 masks to the local regional hospital and 2 local businesses who provide food delivery and cleaning services for our community
- We are providing a free pattern and tutorials for creating masks to keep you safe